Sunday, September 5, 2010

good morning!

Maybe it was the two mosquitoes who ravaged me throughout the night, leaving me itching 10 colossal welts on my arm and legs, maybe it was the fact that we've run out of cash and all the banks are closed until Tuesday and we're not sure how were going to pay our hotel room tomorrow when we want to check out, maybe it was thanks to my mother for sharing this blog with everyone she knows and now I am feeling performance anxiety, or maybe it was the anti-malarial medicine dream about the mafia trying to kill me and having to hide under a couch while I anticipated getting shot in the back of the head, but for some reason I didn't sleep well last night.
It's Sunday. All I want to do today is try to get more than 5,000 Rwandan francs to come out of the ATM at a time and book a hotel in Butare. Why do only two places in this entire country accept credit card and why is everything so damn expensive?

1 comment:

  1. We need to get you a net! Yikes! I heard something about toothpaste alleviating the itch. But being from the tropics, I've never seen anyone in my homeland use that as a home remedy. =P Anti-malarial medicines dreams, hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete