Wednesday, August 4, 2010

and more...

back again for my 2nd post of the day. I wanted to share this web resource that I've recently joined called The D-Word. Its a collective of doc makers with all kinds of forums, resources and they even have guest experts who give conferences on all things documentary.

Also, I feel bad that I didn't mention what kind of progress was made this weekend, so here's a summary: Hotel rooms booked in Brussels and Kigali, wrote up a basic itinerary, read up about the Southern and Western provinces of Rwanda (where much of the filming will occur), found 2 prong round plug converters, and made a giant checklist of to-do's.

Major to-do's include:
  • find a hotel in Butare (Huye)
  • find some decent maps of Kigali and southern/western provinces
  • figure out how much cash money i need to bring along
  • draft up some permission to film and consent forms
tomorrow i get my second round of Hep A/B vaccine which is a shame because my arm was finally starting to feel better. Also, it turns out I am not resistant to measles so now I need that shot too!

No comments:

Post a Comment